Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I already have an undergraduate degree from my home country and am seeking permission to study and work as an international student in the US; what master’s programs are available to me?
A: If you are a first time master’s student in the US, then you must select a program that has CPT as a mandatory part of the curriculum. Very few universities offer the option to first time master’s students, but we are partnered with them and are excited to help you begin your application process! Book your appointment today.
Q: I know what program of study I want to enter into and eventually become a working professional in, but I am completely lost when it comes to choosing a university. I am feeling overwhelmed with comparing countries and cities, let alone individual schools themselves! Where do I begin?
A: August Network team members specialize in matching your profile to ideal universities. Fill out this form with as much information as possible and we will do all of the initial research and comparing for you! If you prefer to speak with one of our agents and get this process going, you can easily book an appointment!
Q: I already have a master’s degree from a university in the US but I want to continue my education and gain more experience in my field to become a more competitive applicant in my workforce; can I attain another degree in the US while still working?
A: For students who already have a master’s degree from the US, the option to study and work allows them to further their studies and add to their resume. If you possess active status, there are many options available. Book an appointment with us today and we will help you stay on track with your educational goals.
Q: I need advice with my career path. Does August Network help international students who are also working professionals with climbing the corporate ladder?
A: We’ve got you covered! We offer personalized career development, resume building, and more. Book an appointment to pay the booking fee and an expert consulting agent will contact you.
Q: My visa status is expiring soon; what are my options for extending my stay in the US?
A: Students who possess an expiring H-1 (completed their six years of residence post-study) can still pursue an education in the US with viable CPT. Dependent H-4 visa holders are also able to study in the US within verified master’s programs. Change of status for both H1 and H4 averages six to nine months; most universities grant CPT under strict eligibility requirements. It is in your best interest to begin the conversion process as early as possible.
Q: My SEVIS status is complete but I am not sure what I need to do next. How can I confirm the validity of my F1 visa and what options are available to me now?
A: For those whose SEVIS account has been successfully set up, our legal team will assist you in filing the appropriate immigration forms for your case, including seeking reinstatement, and our academic advising team will help you apply to eligible programs. Book an appointment with us today!

Don’t see your question answered here?

Send us a message and we will follow up with you within 24 hours.